Sissy's interest in rain has been piqued ever since Nanny gave her the umbrella, so I have been dying for it to rain so she could play in the rain with her new umbrella (um-
ba-
yeyya). Well finally on Monday we got some action! It was so dark and stormy looking when I picked Mattie up that I thought a storm was
imminent for sure. So we stayed outside (carrying our umbrella) and went for a walk, all the while saying "Rain, where ARE you??????"
Alas, it didn't rain for my little pumpkin, so we had to pack it up and go inside for dinner. Finally, just before bath we got our rain! Sissy and I headed out the front door to play and splash in puddles. She loved it! She mostly wanted Mama to hold the umbrella so she could get wet - which was fine with me :)
Daddy was at the gym, so I didn't get any pictures of her actually in the rain, but this is her standing at the front door saying "MY RAIN, MY RAIN!" She was not very happy to have to come inside.

Finally, she calmed down and brought tiger over to show him the rain. We are still working on how eyes and other body parts actually work, as you can tell from his position ;)

It was still raining yesterday morning, and Sissy was not too happy when Daddy had to put her in the car to go to school, because she wanted to play in the rain! And when I picked her up yesterday the first thing she said was, play rain? Sadly, the sun was shining . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment