Friday, September 24, 2010

Somebody call Vogue!

I have been thinking for quite a while that I really, really, really needed to take Sissy to get a haircut. Her ends were crazy long and stringy, and she has a top layer of hair that is pretty straight that hangs over a bottom layer of ringlet curls. If I don't have it pulled back, it is always in her face and wild looking. See exhibit A:
I was hesitant to get her hair cut because I had in mind that she would have this long pretty hair like little girls do. But in reality, she can't wear it down because it is so crazy. So yesterday, my friend Tiffany who has been cutting my hair for almost seven years emailed that she had a big cancellation yesterday and had some open spots suddenly come up. I jumped on the chance before I could chicken out, and took Sissy up to see Miss Tiffany! Here she is in the big chair by herself. That lasted about two minutes, and then she was in Mama's lap, with no cape, so we both got covered in hair.
And here is the after picture! We made a big deal about it and she is super happy!
And here are her little curls from the back. Tiffany did a great job of blending her two layers so that she can wear it down, and all the baby hair is gone. Sniff, Sniff! I'm a little sad with how grown up she looks, but other than that - I love it!

1 comment:

mom said...

She looks so sweet with her new cut! Love the "vogue" look. She does look like such a big girl now!!!