Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Some things never change :)

You may remember that Mattie has always had a thing for cleaning things, especially the floors. I came in Sunday before church and found her like this -
She worked away on scrubbing those floors and then she helped me use the dustbuster to finish up the job - that floors was sparkling clean!
She has been just cracking me up lately - here are a couple of her latest gems:

Matt and I taught her Sunday school class for the first time on Sunday. When we went in I was talking to her little friend Avery, she announced loudly to the whole class, "That's MY mommy, not Avery's mommy."

Sometimes when we asking her questions, she responds with a pause and then says, "I'm not going to talk." and sits quietly. Ha!

We have been having some trouble with bedtime lately. Mattie has been pushing the limits big time on settling down and it has been driving me crazy. Last night, I decided to take the hard line and was refusing to go back in and calm her down. She screamed so high-pitched and loud that she set off our security system's glass break sensor and the alarm went off. We got a call from the alarm system and everything. On the plus side, it scared her pretty good and she settled down for bed quickly after that!

No comments: