Can anyone tell I went back to work this week and was too lazy and tired to do anything else? Ha! I did finally finish up Sissy's room, and she was more than happy to take some pictures showing it off before church this morning. We really wanted her room to be bright and cheery and most of all a place for her to play. I am really happy with the way it turned out, and she has been playing in there up a storm!
This is what you see when you walk in the room.
And this is the view of the opposite wall.
I made her an "art gallery" where she could see it :)
She has another play area with her kitchen and all of her doll stuff on the wall by the bed.
This is the view from the bed - the far door goes to the hall and the right door goes to the bathroom.
Mattie wanted to take a picture next to her new "sun light." The night light can be programmed so that the moon comes on at bedtime and stays on during the night (blue) and then it turns into a sun (yellow) at her wake up time. It is supposed to help her with bedtime and knowing when it is okay to wake up - she has a habit of waking up really early at times. She loves it! Loves to check to see if it is on, give it hugs and kisses and sing and talk to it. I am not really sure how well it is working . . . . but I think it is starting to sink in . . .and she does love it.

You may also notice the sleep chart that is just above it. After a few particularly rough bedtimes last week, I decided on Saturday to make a sleep chart giving her an incentive to work on three categories -1)sweetly take naps, 2)sweetly go to bed and 3)stay in bed until her "sun" turns on. When she gets three stickers she can pick a treat out of the surprise bowl we filled up on Saturday. So far, it has worked at bedtime two nights - yay, and not worked for naptime - boo. Since she went to bed sweetly tonight she will finally earn her third sticker in the morning and get to pick out a treat. I hope the excitement of getting one will motivate her to nap - I know she can do it!!!
Now that I have her room all finished, all I need to do is the nursery, the bathroom, our office space. Not much!

3 comments:
Very Cute!!! I especially love Mattie's art gallery. Precious indeed. She has the perfect little girl's room and is one lucky girl to have such a sweet mama and daddy to plan such a special room for her to enjoy. ; )
Very cute! We made Connor a big boy room last week he looooves it!! Where did you find the sun light? Connor never sleeps past 6:00am and I am trying to find anything that keeps him in his room a little bit longer!!
LOVE it! It turned out so perfect!!!!!
Post a Comment