Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two weeks!

It is amazing how quickly time flies by when your life consist of 2-3 hour shifts between nursing. Everything is divided into little time segments that go by super quickly - particularly when you are sleeping! I can't believe sweet Ben is already two weeks old. I am trying so hard to mentally record all of these sweet newborn moments since this will probably be my last newborn. In the time since Mattie was born, I had totally forgotten all of the precious expressions, stretches, and noises that brand new babies make. Like when they purse their lips and turn their heads as if they couldn't possibly eat another bite. And how they clench their little fists up against you when they are hungry and eating, then slowly relax their hands as they get full. And how tiny they feel in your arms. And how sweet their sleepy cuddles are.

Ben is still super sleepy, particularly during the daytime. For the most part, he sleeps pretty good at night between feedings, although it usually takes me a little while to get him to go back to sleep. I am watching him on the monitor right now (1:01 am) to make sure he is really asleep before I go back to bed. During the day it is still a challenge to get him to wake up at all in between feedings though! (evidence below)
Sissy and Mimi remain very busy with maximum play all the time! Poor Sissy is going to feel sorely neglected after Mimi leaves this weekend I am afraid. I am afraid I will too! Having an extra pair of hands at all times makes a huge difference on so many levels. We will miss Mimi that is for sure!

No comments: