Monday, February 27, 2012

Girl, girls, girls!

Whoops! Sorry about my little week lapse in blogging. I am sure you all were dying to know what we were up to ;)

The week was pretty much a blur! The kids and I were home Monday, then Tuesday we celebrated Fat Tuesday with a bang at Tony's. Ben L.O.V.E.S meat sauce. It is hilarious!  Matt and I are doing healthier eating for Lent. Well, for me I specifically gave up sweets, which has been very.very.very difficult already. But my sweet friend Chelle is doing it with me, so we can commiserate on how much we wish we were eating girl scout cookies!
 Then . . . Friday morning, Mattie and I hit the road for GIRLS WEEKEND! Specifically, she got to hang out with this girl . . .  (trying on their matching dresses that Nanny got them) . . .
 and I got to hang out with these girls! Every year these ladies get together for a girls only weekend. It is heavenly! We talk. Uninterrupted by children. For hours!
 We usually do our weekend in May, but we bumped it up this year because of three babies on the way . . . Paige (and Baby #3 due in August), Jamie (and Baby Lyla due in late May), and Kristin (and Baby Caitlin due in five weeks!!)!
 Meanwhile, this poor guy was missing his Mama terribly. Can't you tell???
Mattie and I got home late yesterday afternoon and we were all pretty worn out! Mattie and I did manage to put on princess dresses to watch the Oscar's red carpet, but I did not stay up to watch at all! I went right to sleep after getting her to bed!  
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: