Monday, May 16, 2011

Yup, I'm old.

My babies are growing too fast. Ben is two months already, almost ten weeks, and I totally forgot to post about his two month check up. I wanted to title this post, I can't believe how fast the time flies. The older I get the faster it flies. I mean, seriously, that is the only excuse I have for not posting in over a week. Well, that and I had strep throat last week and my mom was here and we had a lot of fun and I had a quick get away with my girls and whew. OK, maybe I'm not just old. Except for my friends and I noted that, as we laid by the pool, we discussed sleeping, breastmilk, mole removal and gas. So okay, we might could pass for 80, not 30. We definitely stared at the college kids we saw and analyzed how in our heads we can pass for college girls, but we know they probably look at us and think we are nerdy moms. Sigh. But they don't have these sweet babies like we do!

As always, we had a great visit with Mimi. Sissy could not have been happier to have her playmate here. Mimi is so willing to play with her nonstop in a way that I am not and it delights her! And I got to do fun stuff like go to the dentist and get my hair cut by myself thanks to Mimi! We did have to be sure to send Mattie to school some so that we could actually talk . . . and so that Mimi could actually hold Ben once or twice :)
Nanny and Pops also popped in for a visit with these little munchkins!
Pops and Mattie fashioned a castle out of scrap wood from our garage, which was apparently the biggest hit! (I was gone during said castle construction.)
She looks pretty proud! And please note all of the tiny princesses and dollhouse family members that came out to enjoy the castle.
And please note that Sissy is wearing a jacket! Can you believe that? The weather has been amazing since last Friday. Ahhhhhhhhh . . . .

1 comment:

Meg said...

oh no--strep throat?? gah i had that twice this spring, it's been a bad year for it!! hope your girls weekend was fantastic and yes, unfortunately, i think we're getting kinda old :/ love you!!