Monday, August 22, 2011

The Royal Breakfast Bash

Sissy's birthday on Saturday was SO much fun and SO tiring!!! Haha! This was the first year I kind of talked to her about what kind of party she wanted and who she wanted to invite. She instructed that she wanted a bounce house and donuts. And after further consideration, also cupcakes. That sounded simple enough, except it is August, so we decided to do a breakfast party with a princess twist. Because if there is one thing she is crazy about, it is princesses. Sissy even made the guest list, and we invited her school friends this year. It was really cute to see how excited she was to see them come to her house! The party was a lot of fun, and we had I think 18 kids here. I am leaning towards never having another party at our house in August again though . . . it is just too hot.

Since the party started at 9am, Matt and I were up at 5:30 setting up the backyard! Daddy, Ben and I went in to her room singing Happy Birthday when she woke up and brought her out for a few presents before we hit full party mode. Love those little sleepy eyes.
This was the first time I have seen her really get into opening gifts, as in ripping open the paper and squealing over what she opened. She lovingly was smoothing out Sleeping Beauty's skirt here:
We had the bounce house guys there at 8, and Mattie was just itching to get in. She wore her princess outfit for about one minute in the bounce house before she determined it wasn't suitable for bouncing, and changed into something much more practical. Here she is holding up her "3!"
This was the party spread - her donuts as requested, as well as a few other things for some crazy people who do not consider fried sugar a meal. Like cupcakes ;)
She got really amped up as her friends started arriving. She sees someone coming in this picture below, and you can see the excitement on her face!
For the record, the bounce house did not look nearly this big online.
Here she is with Cousin Lilly skipping in the background!
Two of her school friends, and her original BFF Caroline, enjoying their nutritious breakfasts!
Cousins Garrett and Lilly in the bus, with Miles on the phone behind. Love it!
Nanny caught the shoe pile by the bounce house entrance.
Brother slept through most of the party, but here is with Daddy the day before, with a party crown on! The boys got crowns and the girls tiaras.
Thanks to Sarah for finding this cardboard castle for the kids to color on.
Mattie was asking from the beginning of the party to do the "pirada." Otherwise known as pinata. Also, I wish I was the genius who thought of having ribbons for the kids to pull instead of swinging at a pinata with a stick while blindfolded.
I totally had to bribe Sissy to sit down for two minutes and let us sing Happy Birthday!
And I am pretty sure her favorite part of the party might have been blowing this horn really loudly. Somehow that thing disappeared. Shame.
And here is my sweet sweet Sister at the end of her big day. In her very first nightgown. Oh my word, doesn't she look so grown up!!! She and I went back out and played in the bounce house for a good while before they came back to get it later in the evening - hence the red cheeks. And yes I even went down the slide.
We finished off the day with a family viewing of Tangled. After the movie, Mattie put crowns on me and Matt and declared she was ready to marry us. Oh that sweet innocent heart! If only she would always want to marry her Mama and Daddy. It was a great way to end the day celebrating Mattie!

Happy Birthday Sissy!

2 comments:

mom said...

The pictures are all so cute!!!! but the one of Baby Ben in the crown - I am still laughing; )

Meg said...

what a darling party!! looks like a dream come true for mattie. & i agree with your mama--i LOVE that pic of matt & ben!! happy birthday mattie girl!!