Sunday, March 17, 2013

SPRING!

The weather this week has been so amazing. To die for. It has also been spring break here, and when you work and your kids aren't on "spring break" that makes it pretty anti-clamatic. But we have been having picnics at night outside and enjoying the weather as much as possible!
Friday we met up with some friends at the arboretum for a GORGEOUS day. The flowers right now are spectacular.
The morning was a little chilly when we got there, but after lunch it was warm so . . . 
the kids spent some time in the fountains. Why not?
So these nerds had to ride home in their skivvies. 
We went home, they put clothes on for quiet time/nap and then - clothes back off for the sprinkler. Again, I thought why not? They were SO TIRED Friday night. Both of them were asleep in bed by 7:30 and they actually both slept until 8:30 on Saturday morning. I don't know that this has ever happened. Maybe once? Matt and I actually got to hang out Friday night and then lounge in bed Saturday morning until 8 - heaven!
Saturday was a full day once we got up and moving! We went up to church and worked on our Sunday School class room (kids played on the playground), Matt took Mattie swimming at the Y (indoor pool), we went to a friend's house for dinner - action packed I tell you!  
We made green eggs and green chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast this morning :) I couldn't think of anything for green bacon, but I guess green bacon probably wouldn't be a good thing.
We did some spring "cleaning" and organizing and planting of spring flowers this weekend too . . . . wowzer! Monday may feel relaxing!

No comments: