Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Working for the Weekend!

With summer just around the corner and so much fun stuff going on lately, I find myself struggling to not wish for the first four days of the week to hurry by so that I can get to Thursday night, or wanting summer to hurry and be here. Even Mattie has started saying things like, oh I wish it was already Wednesday (on Mondays). It is so hard for me to live in the moment/day and enjoy life as it is happening. But I'm working on it. And with Mattie starting kindergarten in just over four months, I am now starting to back peddle and wish for time to slow down. Even my own brain is confused.

And as for Matt, well this past weekend he was working for on the weekend! He was the project lead for a software upgrade for their UK offices, so not only did he work almost all weekend, he got to report to the office at 2am yesterday morning! We were so lucky that Nanny felt like coming up to play with us this weekend!

The weather was BEEEEEEAAAAAUTIFUL and we kept the kids outside as much as possible. Picnics, parks, patios, you name it. It was that kind of weekend. The kids enjoyed an ice cream treat Friday night.
We have tried to get Ben to eat ice cream before, but this was the first time he actually consumed some I think. He would still take a bite, then shudder because it was cold, and then immediately ask for more.
The children's choirs had their musical at church Sunday afternoon. Sissy's little choir sang two of the songs, but next year she will be in the "big kid" choir that performs during the whole musical. Yikes! Mattie enjoyed watching her big girl friends performed, and I got teary eyed as three of the sweet six grade girls (that we love) were recognized as they will be moving on to the youth group next year. We love the sweet girls in our church who are so amazing with our kids.
On a side note, when did I become a total sap? I'm turning into my mother! (Love you MIMI!)

No comments: