Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Back to Life, Back to Reality!

Well, the recovery is all over and we are back to it this week! 
Following Ben's surgery, Mattie started running a mysterious fever and was very grumpy. To be honest, I thought she was jealous of all the attention Ben was getting. After two doctors visits and a trip to get x-rays, we discovered it wasn't a case of the blues, but walking pneumonia! Luckily, her case wasn't too bad, and she got better almost immediately once she started the antibiotic.
I was doing whatever it took to keep them happy and to get Ben eating and drinking. His lack of appetite and aversion to medicine was the biggest challenge of the surgery recovery. So we had lots of "picnics" while we watched TV, even in Mama's bed!
By about Day 8 of being on recovery duty and being quarantined because of Mattie's fever, I was going a little crazy. We had unusually nice weather this last weekend, so I got Daddy to agree to a picnic at the Arboretum on Saturday :)
Everyone enjoyed being out!!!
And by Saturday evening, this little nerd was finally back to himself. He even ate some pizza voluntarily! I never thought I would be so happy to see him smiling and playing trains like a madman.
 
So we are all back to it this week! Ben has done great this week at school so far (and today will be his last day for the week). Mattie is loving being at Pine Cove Camp at our church this week. Pics to come soon!

No comments: