Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had our first Thanksgiving (or any holiday) just our little family of four today, and it was sweet. We had a pretty traditional meal, and ate approximately 1/8 of what was cooked. Sissy had been learning about Thanksgiving at school and so she knew we had to have turkey and pumpkin pie. I have never done a turkey before, so I started with just the breast, but it all went well and I had a lot of fun having Sissy cook with me.  I even got a turkey vegetable (baby food) dinner for Ben, and also some cinnamon flavored puffs so he could join in on our family dinner!

I am so grateful for so many blessings, it seems trivial to list things. Before our meal, we said a Thanksgiving prayer and listed some of the things we were thankful for - our family, our friends, our food, our health, our jobs, our church. Our family is SO blessed and hope that we can do even better blessing others in Christ's name. 

I am SO thankful for these turkeys!!!!
 Oh they love to roll around in their pajamas!
Sissy has been wearing either her Indian princess hat, her turkey hat and/or her Santa pjs from last year all day. We did put on clothes for our dinner, only because I let her pick out a fancy dress!
And Brother, oh boy, that Brother is on the move! He started taking his first crawling steps on Sunday, and has taken off totally.  The video below doesn't quite capture his speed, but it was the one I got with the least interference from Sis. We literally cannot leave him alone for five seconds anymore. His favorite thing is already the lamp cords. WHY? He is pretty cute though!!!

It is 7:30 and we have both kids in bed and Matt has a fire in the fire pitt outside. I'm going to join him!

No comments: