Mattie has always loved to read, and she is now really into the Berenstain Bears books. We usually get a couple each time we go to the library. Let me tell you, those Bears really give us some good life lessons - that Mama Bear is a smart cookie! I am thankful for them because they explain a lot of life lessons in ways that I am not so good at. And sometimes, I am pretty humbled by reading them and being gently reminded by the lessons in them! We got a new one yesterday called "Count your blessings" about being thankful for what we do have instead of thinking about what we don't. Then in Sunday School today, someone posed the question, what if God took away everything we don't thank Him for? It was a good reminder for me (again - I need it a lot), that me and my family are pretty blessed, and we have so much to be thankful for!
Like Sundays! They are busy days, but lots of fun. Sunday mornings always start with chocolate chip pancakes. Sissy LOVES her some chocolate chip pancakes, and we start every Sunday morning with her whispering in my ear, "Mama, can we make chocolate chip star pancakes???" She like hers in a star shape. And her helping to make them, and eating lots of chocolate chips in the process, is most of the fun!
I decided my babies looked extra sweet this morning and I wanted pictures of them! (And Ms. Cottontail too - Sissy's animal of the day.) I tucked Ben's shirt in about 20 times, but it wouldn't stay. He made up for it with that cheesy smile!
And then Sissy wanted to take pictures of just her and Ben (and Ms. Cottontail) - which she will only do in this chair in her room. She is so silly! And she wants to wear this dress every Sunday, by the way.

But this is what picture taking in her chair usually turns into . . .

Note, Mattie holding onto Ben by his pants and him laughing hysterically.



This is kind of a funny picture I took at "apartment church" tonight. We had 27 kids today! We had our hands full, but our leader is amazing. You can see the big kids doing a fun game, and we have the little kids (5 and under) at a table in the back.

If anyone has good ideas for what to do with those little ones while the big kids do their activities, let me know. We have coloring and puzzles, but the "small" kids are like 2-5, and they don't all speak English and we are having a hard time keeping them engaged and at their table (and not running up the stairs or to the bathrooms). We have kids all the way from 2 to 16 in one room. I'm would love any suggestions . . . It is a great problem to have to have so many kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment