I think everyone knows that Sissy has been in swim class for three weeks! Everyday Monday through Friday! Lots of dropping off and picking up! And did I mention that my car said 106 degrees yesterday afternoon?!? Okay, I will stop talking in explanation points! I think the heat is making me crazy already!
On Thursday, we had a "show day" for the parents where we got to watch the teachers working with Mattie, to see 1) their methods, 2) how she was doing and 3) how to keep working with her so hopefully she will swim!
This is Mattie's best - mom quit taking my picture - smile while they were waiting for class to start.
So I admit that I was hoping that we would show up to class and see Mattie swim by herself all the way across the pool, but I knew that was pretty doubtful! This teacher focuses on having them learning to go underwater on their own and hold their breath (Mattie sat on the step under for 18 counts), keeping their face in the water and arms out until they touch the side, and learning to float. A few of the older kids in her class were doing the actual arms and kicks to swim, but Mattie is close! Hopefully Daddy can keep working with her through the summer :)
This is Mattie's "rocketfloat" - considering she didn't want to put her face in the water in her previous swim lessons, we are doing good!
And this is her "backfloat" - with her arms doing the chicken, airplane, soldier!


No comments:
Post a Comment