Nanny had an early flight Sunday morning, so our numbers were down to three for our visit to Hollywood Studios.
We were scoping out how to meet some of the last characters, when I met a really nice man who told me where Pluto and Goofy would be coming from so we waited right in the spot. Pluto took Mattie by the hand and walked her through the center of the park. It was a highlight of the trip for her and me!
I didn't know Mattie was a Pluto fan, but she chose a Pluto doll as the first thing she got from the park.
We primarily went to Hollywood Studios to catch a "live" Ariel show and a Beauty and the Best show. Mattie has watched a recording of the Beauty and the Beast show on YouTube and is borderline obsessed with it. There was only one showing we could make before we had to leave the park, so I waited in line for an hour to make sure we got in and got good seats.
About five minutes before the show ended, Mattie whispered to me she wanted to put on a show when we got back to our hotel room. Which I ignorantly replied to by saying, Sissy we aren't going back to our hotel room, we are going to the airport. Wrong time for that message apparently. I got her calmed down, but we almost had to depart the Belle show early. Poor Sissy was not happy. She was crying and saying she didn't want to leave, didn't want to go home, didn't want to see Daddy and Boo, didn't want anyone in our hotel room, etc. Since there was a Mickey in the park, I suggested we go see him before we left. Well Mattie told Mickey she wanted to stay in the park with him and that she wouldn't miss her family if she did and it made him laugh! The characters don't make noise and it was the only time I heard one of them make a peep. It was too funny!
And on the way out, we had a lucky chance encounter with Donald and Daisy, the last characters Mattie had wanted to meet. She was all smiles and didn't complain once as we left. WHEW.
I thought this picture of Mimi and Mattie at the airport was cute -they were playing Snow White and the evil witch and Sissy was eating a bite of the bad apple.
We had the best trip. I am sure it is easy to tell by how many pictures and stories I wanted to share, but I feel like it is hard to describe what a great time we had! I loved being with the "girls" and Mattie was just a perfect age for the trip. Thank you for indulging me and reading my stories!





No comments:
Post a Comment