Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SIX MONTHS!

My littlest love turned six months old on Friday. I can't believe that his first year is already half gone by! Ben is such a delight to me. He is my sweet little love bug. He is still a very happy boy and very easy going. Look at that smile - is there anything sweeter!!!
We have had a few fussy days lately, but I think that is mostly attributable to teething. You can really see his bottom teeth in this picture below, and he is working on cutting the top two. I think that Ben has figured out that he can unleash a pitiful little sad cry if he is lonely and he will get me every time! For example, if I am putting up laundry in his room, I will put him in his crib to watch his mobile. If I walk out of his view, he will burst into tears, bottom lip all a-quiver. All I have to do is pop my head back over and he is ALL sunshine and smiles. It is hilarious!
Bubby is growing great - he is 16 pounds, 6 ounces (30%), 26 1/2 inches (75%) and head is 17 1/2 inches (70%). Mattie was never under even like the 75th percentile for weight, so it constantly freaks me out that he is skinny, and I question if he is getting enough to eat, but the doctor says he is growing great and is just a busy active boy. I constantly try to get him to eat if he acts even the slightest bit hungry, but the boy will not even pretend to eat if he isn't really hungry. We are still nursing, and he gets a formula bottle at night to pack him full for the evening. Plus now he is eating solids morning and evening. We are starting to move him into 6-9 month clothes, and he is in a size 3 diaper. (A 3 overnight diaper with a 4 around it - thanks to Meg for the tip!!!)

Speaking of eating, here is the little King eating sweet potatoes, his first real food, for the first time!
And here he is with carrots for the first time. He is doing really well with the solids . . . over the last few weeks he has had sweet potatoes, carrots, squash and green peas. We actually think he may be allergic to squash, because he got sick both times he ate it. The doctor agreed it could be possible, but would be weird, so he said to try it again in a few months.
Little stinker man still likes to get up and eat during the night about two out of every three nights. The doctor agreed with me that he does not still need that feeding, since he does without it pretty often, and then won't eat in the mornings if he has it. So we are going to be working on that over the next few weeks. Six months is a long time to go without more than one or two nights of good sleep in a row! But my sweet boy just wants more time with his mama I guess. . . . what can I say, I love him so!

No comments: